Saturday, January 9, 2010

Counseling Psychology Phd Programs Will I Be Able To Get Into A Phd Psychology Program (preferred Social Or Counseling,maybe Clinical)?

Will I be able to get into a Phd Psychology Program (preferred Social or Counseling,maybe Clinical)? - counseling psychology phd programs

I have a degree in Psychology 3.91 GPA Eastern Ct State University (school) with a 3.7 GPA, General Sociology (mc Magna Laude) and 2minors: (4GPA) and Spanish (4.0GPA). Member of Psi Chi (National Honor Society Psych) and Sigma-Delta-Pi) (Spanish Honor. Member of the psychology and the Spanish club, with good letters of recommendation. Grades GRE (680, 760). He did a lot of community service, some prices. I'm worried because it started as a bio major to 2 courses to be repeated (Intr Org Chem-Bio and where I 2 got D's, then a B + and A-). I also have B-day 2Gral Che and a C in Calc (even if they do not need courses in Psych). It was working casus came during my first 3 semesters, "had to meet 5 days a week at my expense from abroad, the study compared to the United States-I 'mlatino). So I decided to loans, and less work and I get better grades. I had to 3.95 GPA during my last 5 semesters and made the Dean's List for six months, which conducted the research. I have a chance?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous! It seems you are very intelligent and has done everything it has to be accepted. Provided that, not only for schools that would accept 10 of the 300 to go, it is. If you do not need to know rather than the rule, I was told that up to 4 schools to obtain and know that you, enter 4 schools entered in the position to give 2 schools and not much of a chance. I am sure that someone, you accept, as long as you are not a stranger or when it comes to interviews.

I've heard that the schools reject applicants if they are too arrogant to be irritable, aggressive, or open seem to be the mouth. To go to the library and read books, how to make a good first impression. Be careful with teachers who want to work, and know their work so that we can to discuss in great detail, or type talk on your point of view.

My teacher said I should apply, even if I have less than 3.0. I'm not wise, but I want to write well, I did a survey and I will present a paper one daytion of this semester. Schools love it if you have publications that need more research, if you can, and try to publish. Remember to tell them that you want to publish. If I have a chance, then you've got the world in your hands! Do not worry too much.

Anonymous said...

If anything we say here is, in fact, you really have nothing to worry about.
I'm not surprised you have found a benefactor to help or mentor. So many in the Hispanic population are willing to offer on one hand.

Post a Comment